Saturday, June 23, 2012

Kina Grannis Live in Manila

My long overdue post about Kina Grannis Live in Manila. Lol According to my iPad's notes, I finished the blog on May 9. But I've been too busy and I feel bad for neglecting it already. Also, seems like I prefer writing from scratch. I am not feeling these new changes here in Blogspot and it made me think to be more of a picture blogger, meaning less words than the usual. We'll see.

Anywho, even though my post is late for 4 months, it doesn't mean that I'm already over with the Kina Grannis Live in Manila fever :) Just a recap to those who failed to attend, her concert was postponed because it was timingly, exams week/graduation month. But the good news is, she has now a lot more reasons to come back in the future :)


The concert turned out to be an unplugged show, where she performed 3-4 songs acoustically in an intimate receiving area of Meralco Theatre. She still performed even though it was already considered as a free show to the ticket holders because of refunds and all.

To make her first visit in the Philippines a memorable one, fans prepared two surprises for her. Bushes and birds cut outs for In Your Arms and a puzzle-like huge Kina drawing :) See below for the vids!



It probably didn't end up like what we all expected but hey, its definitely more intimate, upclose, and personal with Kina. I wasn't expecting she was funny and makulit too :)


She's extraordinary and one of a kind (not just as) singer/songwriter but as a person a well. She's passionate with her craft and has a big heart. No wonder why she's so successful. She just recently started a "Run Team Kina" movement which raised $60,000 for cancer patients.

First time to hear about Kina? Well, what are you waiting for? Look her up on YT! :)

Kina and Ayes (Photo by Jude Ng)

Kina with Soulmanna Live and PH team (Photo by Jude Ng)

Thanks Soulmanna Live, Wenona, and Pauline for giving me the opportunity to meet and see Kina Grannis live! Another dream come true for me. Magic 89.9 and Mellow 94.7 for taking the chance of playing an independently produced songs in their stations.

**I originally wrote a lot longer post. Haha. Ok, this is the start of the less words, more pictures thing. :) **

Kina Grannis:

Soulmanna Live:

PH Street Team:

No comments:

Post a Comment