Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Puerto Princesa, Palawan Day 3: Ugong and Underground River


My third and last day in Puerto Princesa, Palwan is last but not the least, Underground River! As most of you guys already know, Palawan's Underground River is now included in one of the & wonders of nature in the world! Yep, Its more fun in the Philippines!! Lol

Travel time takes about 4 hours from the proper city. Bumpy and zigzag lanes but with a breath taking views from left to right.

But before the main event of the day's trip, we first stopped in the "Tagaytay" of Palawan.

Next stop is the Ugong Rock Adventures. Ugong which means a reverberating hollow sound, a melody produced from tapping the stalctities and stalagmites within the cave. Best place for caving, ziplining, and spelunking! Usuallu, caving is the point of entry, but here's the catch... You either go back with the 75 feet limestone formation or go down through a zipline with only 350 meters (short) in length but the FASTEST ZIPLINE in the Philippines.. 21 seconds!! I was being bibbo since day 1 so I agreed on trying the zipline, no second thoughts, for the first time in my whole life!

Helmet = check! Gloves = check!

Caving!
Spelunking! (which was really tiring and hard especially because I was wearing flipflops. not a good choice for activites like this)

The view from the top!

Ziplining!

Late lunch.

Down to our main itinerary of the day. From Ugong Rock Adventures it takes about another an hour to get to the port.

I was able to see a rainbow in the middle of the sea while waiting for our turn to ride the boath.

Boats all headed to Underground River

One of the most photographed sites in Palawan.

The magical entrance point of the Underground River :)

I was kind of being emotional when I saw the UR because at the back of my mind.. I was thinking "This is the actual view of those beautiful photographs I see in books, postcards, or library. I AM HERE!"

Struggle to take photos because aside from the inconsistent height of the ceiling and dark surroundings.. I was worried that bats might pee on my camera, or even worst =/ LOL

All God's made. Every structure has its own story :)



My best shot for the day:

Got to hung out with some little friends too...


After the long day, we went straight to Kalui's for dinner :)


That wraps my blogs about Palawan getaway! Whew, took me forever. Thanks to our travel guide who prepared our itinerary, Jeff. For our financial support.. the best sister.. Tetet. Ate Maan, Kuya Bong, Ingrid, and Mikha for the treats! We get assignments that each one of us should treat everyone for dinner or lunch. Hehe. Mine was Kalui's :)

Next blog is about my Asian Cruise. God bless my memory to remember and the motivation to write!

Puerto Princesa, Palawan Day 1: The City Tour : http://bit.ly/palawancitytour
Puerto Princesa, Palawan Day 2: Honda Bay : http://bit.ly/palawanhondabay



No comments:

Post a Comment